Rejoicing, praying, and thanksgiving are all acts of our will that require faith - ESPECIALLY in times of difficulty, weakness, and uncertainty. They are activities that draw our focus to Heaven so we can agree with what is true - NO MATTER WHAT we feel with our emotions! These activities are all vital in strengthening ourselves in the Lord. The transformation of the heart is the first step in bringing heaven to earth. But they are not to be reserved for crises or holidays - they are to be a lifestyle; to define how we approach all of life.So I am giving myself to strengthening through praise, rejoicing, prayer and thanksgiving. My desire is to cultivate love and faithfulness , to passionately pursue God and His purpose and to gaze at the face of Jesus with the eyes of my heart. I want transformation of my heart - purity - so that I can be strong and courageous. This is the Joy of the Lord.
Thank you God that purity of heart is EASY! Thank you Lord that all I must do is to rejoice and give thanks because you are GOOD! Thank you that you have WON - that the victory of the cross is REAL and that your will for my life is simply to BURN passionately for your presence in my life and to make You known.

1 comment:
This really is such a great book (for exactly the reason that you quoted--and other reasons!!). We gave it to some people in China, and I'm giving my sister a copy for her birthday.
Blessings,
Sarah
Post a Comment